Today I wanted to share something very exciting. The eBay Partner Network (EPN) program.
If you one of those people who are constantly busy and have little time to spare when it come to creating extra income online the EPN program should be perfect for you.
How does it work exactly?
Very simple, once you signed up with EPN and logged in the dashboard area you can go through the brief introduction to affiliate marketing and become orientated, find out how the program differs from other affiliate
networks, how you can earn commission and what tools you can use. This would take about 2-5 minutes.
- You can choose almost any product on eBay (Preferably something that is selling well or you can personally recommend).
- You will copy the URL of the product and paste it into the EPN referral generator. This will instantly provide your unique affiliate id link that you can use anywhere on your website or when sharing products through social media or via email etc.
- If the product sells eBay takes 10% of the order value and you get 50% – 70% commission from their 10%. Example: The product you promote costs $1000, when it sells eBay takes $100 and you will get a commission of 50% – 70% depending on the product category.
Is there Training?
There is no formal training or specific set of rules for this but I did run into one issue when I first started and would like to help you avoid making the same mistake.
Its rather something that I didn’t do correctly. If you have a website and want to create banners you have to have to label your banner to make it clear that the item is being sold on eBay. When someone mouses over a product you advertising the label pop up needs to say something like “Get it on eBay” or “Buy on eBay”.
This is an example of how it should look:
If you don’t add a eBay label they will contact you and ask you to do so. I’m not 100% sure if you only earn commissions once your label is up because I resolved it right away but its best to know this before hand so you can do it properly.
Ideas for Products:
eBay will constantly provide you a fresh list of recommended products you can promote and earn commissions from. These will generally be products that sell very well and in large quantities or have a significant amount of traffic, watchers, high valued items etc. If you have a website you want to promote products that are relevant to your site, preferably items you have used personally or tested at least once and that you are familiar with.
Here are some personal suggestion I have:
- Collectibles – Art, Antiques, Comics,
- Numismatics – Proof & Mint State Coins, Gold & Silver Coins, Notes, Sets, Krugerrand Coins
- Precious Metals
- Cell Phones & ipads
- Watches & Jewelry
- Fashion – Shoes, T-Shirts
- Plush Teddy Bears
Make a list of things you are passionate about then try to find good reputable products that complement these interests.
Stay in touch for Part 4 to find out more different ways to earn extra income online through affiliate programs and other related money making methods.
Please feel free to leave a comment or questions below.