Not everyone can afford the best but ultimately you want to upgrade and invest in hardware that will bring the best return on investment in the fastest time possible.
In this article we going to look at several options you have to select a affordable, reliable or high performance Bitcoin miner.
Previous Bitcoin Articles on AIM:
LIVE ANTMINER AUCTIONS ON EBAY
Around the same time last year the R4 was highly anticipated by miners and is still considered one of the most efficient and quiet AntMiners on the market at a Hashrate of 8.6 TH/s and will cost you around $1000.
They can be found much cheaper now in second hand condition.
In 2017 however the following two AntMiners are the most preferred choice among proficient cryptocurrency miners.
ANTMINER POWER SUPPLIES
CRYPTOCURRENCY MINING TERMINOLOGY
Hashrate – The measure of how many attempts per second it takes for the miner to solve a Bitcoin block.
The current SI unit prefixes:
- Kilohash / KH/s = thousands of H/s
- Megahash / MH/s = millions
- Gigahash / GH/s = billions
- Terahash / TH/s = trillions
- Petahash / PH/s = quadrillions
Joule – The measure of energy representing 1 Watt over 1 second. So Joules per Gigahash is the efficiency of the miner.
Difficulty – The level of difficulty is an automated process which prevents blocks from being solved very quickly. This system insures that blocks are solved at an average of 10 minutes per block.
TIPS FOR MINING
- A lot of people tend to think you just buy one of these miners, plug it into the wall and the bitcoins will appear in their Bitcoin wallet, I use to be one of them!
- Your chances of mining a Bitcoin block by yourself is pretty much zero unless you own a few PH/s.
- You need to be part of a mining pool that combines Hash-power in order to successfully solve a Bitcoin block.
- Obviously the more Hash-power the better but consider that the bigger the mining pool, the smaller the reward that is shared for completion among miners.
- There are also many other factors to consider like the mining contract before joining a mining pool and THIS ARTICLE will explain it all detail.
If you have something interesting to share with the Bitcoin community you welcome to leave a comment below.
If you are struggling to understand something and would like some help, have feedback or suggestions then please add it to the comment section below.